re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

5.22.2006

All About Mama

Hello. I'm Mama, obviously. I guess I should start out by explaining my title.

You're probably asking from what have I been reformed. Perhaps a better question would be what about me has NOT been reformed.

I was a shy, little girl who took a lot of abuse.
I was a mean person who retaliated in various ways to said abuse.
I was a single woman who mistrusted men.
I was a person who said I would NEVER submit to my husband.
I was a Christian who had turned away from God.
I was Armenian in my views on salvation.
I was a wife who did not want children because they frightened me.

I could go on, but I think you get the idea. I am happy to report that the above statements are no longer true about me. PRAISE GOD! The abuse stopped when I stopped taking it, but that made me mean. Just ask my husband.

My husband didn't even like me when we met -- IN A BAR -- because my disdain for men was so obvious. And why did we meet in a bar? Quite frankly, because people had hurt both of us so much that we decided to take our frustrations out on God by turning away from God.

Once we both got our lives right with our creator and our master, we liked each other a little more.

Our goals were completely different though. He wanted to move to the middle of nowhere and I wanted to move to the heart of the inner city and minister there. We weren't married though at that time. We really could have ended up chasing our dreams. Fortunately for us, God had other plans.

We ended up married and I ended up a (gasp) SUBMISSIVE wife. Imagine that.

In the 4 years that we have been married we have both converted to the calvinist view of salvation and we have had a child. Who woulda thunk it?

So what I am saying is that virtually EVERYTHING I once thought about myself and about the world around me has been reformed; or should I say transformed. Your know, the whole Romans 12:1-2 thing about being transformed by the renewing of your mind.

This transformation has affected every inch of my being; from how I parent the child I was scared to have, to how I treat my husband, to how I witness to the lost. I can honestly say that I don't believe there is a such thing as a partial reformation or transformation.

Think about it, if you have a pile of legos arranged in the shape of a heart and you move one little lego, the whole shape changes.

I gotta run. I know that's a quick ending, but I'll be back for more late.

Much love.

1 Comments:

Blogger TheNormalMiddle said...

Reformed Mama---well, we do know each other in real life and it seems I've led a life very similar to yours....the submission part anyway. Who'da thunk it? Little old "I've got my rights" Lindsey turned biblical womanhood advocate!

I've found that through submission, I'm more empowered as a wife, mother and female overall.

I can see you're going to be a wonderful blogger. I'm adding you to my daily reads blogroll.

Oh and by the way...I'm SO glad you chose to have children. That precious little baby of yours is an absolute DOLL!!!!!

7:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home