re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

9.16.2006

Cloning...


I am not at all in support of cloning. I think it's playing God and I don't see much good coming from that. That said, those individuals who may result from cloning are still people and still have souls and we should treat them as we would any other individual.

So why in the world am I talking about this? Well, I recently had to come to terms with the fact that I am married to a clone.

I had never actually met my father-in-law, but during our visit to Salt Lake City, I discovered that there was never any need for me to meet the person for whom my son and husband are named. My husband and my father-in-law are the same person.

Anyone hear banjo music?

My sister-in-law and my mother-in-law had both told me aboout how similar my dear, sweet husband and my father-in-law are, but I just chalked that up to chit chat and expected a few similarities. I did NOT expect to meet an older version of my husband.

While visiting my father-in-law and his wife, I had the opportunity to view pictures of my father-in-law from his younger days. I thought they were pictures of Ed III, not Ed II. I was wrong.

My father-in-law's wife, Sheri, and I compared notes.

Both Ed's use the term "liberal" as a slam against someone.
Both are perfectionists.
Both are radically conservative.
Both love the idea of living in an RV and travelling the country.
Both are the protector/provider type who are very proud of that fact.
Both tell corny jokes.


You get the idea. I know what you're thinking though. You're thinking, "Big deal. Ed III learned those traits from his dad." Nope. Think again. Ed II was not around a whole lot during Ed III's childhood and Ed III's parents divorced when Ed III was 11 years old. So... Personality must be hereditary.

Add to that the fact that my marriage license actually states that I am married to Ed II and not Ed III and the whole situation is just funny.

Now, I wonder if Ed IV is a clone of Ed II/Ed III or if my family's characteristics will be strong enough to influence the Ed genes. At any rate, I like being married to Ed III and having Ed IV as my son. Ed II is a nice guy, but he's a little too old for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home