re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

9.18.2006

One more thought for the night...

Told ya I have a lot on my mind.

While on vacation, I came to the realization that I have become "soft." While I think it is beneficial and good to be tactful and kind when discussing things, I think most of us have a tendency to sugar coat things that really should not be sugar coated.

Sometimes the reality needs to be stated in a clear, concise way so that sin is not excused and neither are the ramifications of the sin.

So... Here are some thigns I am going to TRY (i like to be liked too) to stop sugar coating:
Homosexuality is a sin period.
Abortion is murder.
People are NOT born inherently good, rather we are born inherently sinful. Scripture says our hearts are wicked and deceitful, who can know it?
Apart from Christ, we are NOTHING. Period. Your looks, your clothes, your intelligence doesn't matter a hill of beans in eternity.
Apart from Christ, a person will spend an eternity burning in the firey pits of Hell -- because, yes, they deserve it.
We deserve the bad things that happen to us because of our inherent sinful nature. Good things that happen to us happen by the grace of God. This one is a hard pill to swallow if you focus on the first portion.
Don't dress your daughter like a street walker and then expect her to not end up pregnant at 16.
Don't dress like a street walker and expect your daughter not to.


I could go on and on, but those are just a few things where I tend to cushion the blow a little. And in reality, I may not ever say something quite as harsh as what I've written above, but I'm through with the whole, "it's okay, you're okay, let's all be friends" mess. Reality is that sin is NOT okay.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Well, that certainly isn't sugar-coating it.

I never sugar-coat things in my mind but I do try to work on my delivery. I'd be happy as a clam if everyone could be straight up with each other, but that just isn't how it is.

Glad I'm not the only one appalled by how young girls dress today. Sadly I have seen girls of Christian parents that are just as bad. What is up with that!

7:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home