re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

6.05.2006

The Sweetest Word

The sweetest word ever uttered has got to be "mama."

I've been talking to Eddie quite a bit and just waiting on those first words. He is quite vocal but up until two days ago he had not said an actual word.

Two days ago he was being clingy, but I HAD to put him in his high chair so I could make lunch. Eddie was NOT a happy camper. He was reaching for me and crying. Then he said it, "MAMAAAA!!!"

He was looking dead at me and reaching for me, so I am pretty sure he knew what he was saying, still though I decided I would wait until it happened again before I declared that Eddie was talking.

All day long all he did was babble. Try as I might, I could not get that boy to say "mama" again.

I put him to bed and after an hour or so he started crying. I went in to get him and once he knew I was in the room, he called out "Mamaaaa!"

My heart just melted.

There is nothing like hearing your own child call out for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home