re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

8.01.2006

Reminders...

Reminders are a good thing. They keep us in check. They remind us that life is fragile and that we are not at all in control. They also help us to remember times when God has been faithful and seen us through the valley.

I was coming here to post about how I think our country is going downhill in terms of customer service. I could seriously rant on that for weeks and weeks and weeks. Then I had a friendly reminder.

I checked my bloglines and clicked on a post by Michele Malkin. Here's the link: A call you will never forget. Be forewarned though before watching it that it is a tough video to watch and listen to.

The video is a call from a man who was in the WTC on 9/11.

What a reminder about life and how surprising and unexpecting it can be. For us anyway. Kevin Cosgrove had likely given no thought to the possibilities of what could have happened on that day; certainly he didn't think that his place of employment would literally be brought to the ground.

Scripture tells us to not dwell on yesterday and not to worry about tomorrow because life is but a vapor. So for the rest of today, I am doing just that.

And because of the uncertainty that life holds, I think I may spend a little extra time with my son and hubby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home