re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

6.07.2006

Ho-Hum

So my secret confession for the day is that while I love being around people and I am pretty social, it is very easy for me, as a stay-at-home mom to become very anti-social.

I don't like that I do that. I don't know why I do that. It's something I must work on.

In Eddie news...

The past two or three days have just been amazing. I can see things starting to "click" with him now. For example, instead of eating his blocks, he is actually looking at them and trying to figure them out. He's shaking his rattles and hitting his bucket like a drum. In the past everyhting has just gone straight to his mouth.

He also started shaking his head -- as in "no." Color me scared. HA!

He's showing signs of wanting to be mobile. He doesn't even attempt crawling. He just wants to run. I put his feet on the ground and he just takes off (with me holding his hands of course). The scary part is that he's wanting me to help him less and less.

Can you say baby-gate?

What's amazing to me is that the doctors told me that it takes about 2 years for preemies to catch up to where they should be developmentally in comparison to their peers. Eddie is a little small for a 10 month old, but we (Ed and I) are small. He's doing things on time and even a little early.

I have a feeling there will never be a slow day with Eddie around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home