re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

7.12.2006

Abundantly Blessed

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all
that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Ephesians 3:20

I realize that verse is only a portion of a whole chapter that is just AWESOME, but that's all I can take in right now.

Think about it. God is able to do not just above all we ask or think, but exceedingly abundantly above all we ask or think. And what's that? That same power is at work in us to make us holy. Of course, the power that works in us is the Holy Spirit.

Well blow me down, why don't ya!

I already consider myself blessed. Just read my post from the other day. I have more than I need. Much more than I deserve. I sometimes forget how blessed I am (just see my wish list a few days after the blessed post). I get whiney and forgetful.

I forget that I really don't deserve life, much less an abundant life. That's not me beating myself up either. When you get down to it, none of us deserves a single thing that we have. Even the bad stuff that happens to us is often too good for us.

We deserve an eternity in Hell, separated completely from God.

Yet, here we are; sinners who dare to stand before a HOLY God. As if that wasn't guts-y enough, we dare to ask Him to bless us. The funny thing is that HIS GRACE and MERCY gives us the ability to ask such things. HIS GRACE and MERCY provided a covering for our sins. HIS GRACE and MERCY promises hope for tomorrow and salvation for those who call on the name of the Lord -- not because they called, but because God called them.

HIS GRACE and MERCY promises that our needs will be met. His Word promises that not only will our needs be met, but that we will be purified. It also promises that (*glory hallelujah!*) he will do far more than we can even think to ask of Him -- because of HIS infinite grace and mercy and love.

Now, again, I'm not beating myself up when I say this, but I can be quite idiotic at times. I KNOW God's Word says he will do far more than what I could imagine, but when He answers even small little prayers, I act all surprised. Why should I? Where is my faith? Apparently it's lacking if I actually get surprised when God does something -- big or small.

Still, in spite of my idiocy, He blesses me... far above -- exceedingly and abundantly above what I could have ever imagined.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Amen to that. I suffer from the same idiocy and when He blesses me I just want to kick myself.

Thanks for shring that, I needed the reminder!

10:56 AM

 
Blogger TheNormalMiddle said...

You hit the nail on the head, and stepped on my toe (that needed it!!!)

I need to be so much more grateful.

Wonderful post.

3:29 PM

 
Blogger Reformed Mama said...

thanks for stopping by ladies. sorry to have stepped on toes. if it's any consolation, i've felt like an idiot all week. lol.

5:30 PM

 
Blogger TheNormalMiddle said...

Sometimes I need my toes stepped on! :) As in this case!!! :)

9:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home