re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

9.24.2006

A Continuation

I am sorry if I offended anyone who does use the nursery. I tried to be careful about how I worded things so it would not come across like that. I certainly don't think badly about moms who use the nursery. My problem is with the thousands of people who have a problem with the fact that I DON'T use the nursery. Know what I mean?

Second, all I want is a speaker somewhere. I'm not the only mom who could make use of it. I could not care less if the speaker was in the broom closet or in the nursery (probably the best place for it). Just a speaker so that moms (nursing or not, kids in nursery or not) could hear the sermon while they are tending to the needs of their kids.

Third, I promise, if I didn't think or know that other moms would appreciate this, I would not even have asked. I wouldn't expect a church the size of Reavis to bend over to accommodate me.

No I feel horrible for even venting. Know what I mean? I don't want to stir anything up. I just can see the benefit and I am frustrated that no one seems to care.

Ho HUm.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd ask leadership for you but I have NO PULL at all :) I'm so on the low-end of the totem pole.

Have you gone to the pastor about it?

I can totally see the benefit of having a said room with speakers. Really. You see me walk out to get Reece quite often b/c he's fussy, or he's had a potty accident. A room like that would work for me too in those instances.

Like I said Bev, you didn't offend me...don't sweat your feelings. They're your feelings and you have every right to them. I didn't mean to get snippy with ya.

When you're in the midst of a certain season, some things are the most important to you. I'm just thankful my baby boy is almost out of the nursery scene all together. Then, it will be another battle, another place.

Hopefully when we get this "new church building" we'll have a room like this for you and other mothers to come.

I would seriously talk to the building committee and pastor if you haven't.

9:26 PM

 
Blogger Reformed Mama said...

hee hee. paul is on the properties committee. he's mentioned it for me. and i've mentioned it to pastor and rhonda.

i guess i just have to accept that it's not going to happen and get over it, right? :)

9:31 PM

 
Blogger Carrie said...

I didn't think you were speaking against other mothers who DO put their kids in the nursery at all.

Maybe part of the issue is that most people don't understand the continuing dangers with preemies. They look at Eddie and he looks like every other kid so they think you are just overzealous.

I worked with a woman who had a preemie and I know that their health is a bit more vulnerable for many years, even though they look perfectly healthy.

I'm assuming there is still a concern about RSV? And if I remember, preemies don't always rebound as quickly from illness?

You know what is best for you and your baby just as every other mother does. I think we can all fall in the trap (even as Christians) of judging how we handle our kids and that just shouldn't be. And of course, once you are judged once, you are over-sensitive.

Can you buy a baby monitor and plug it into the sanctuary and take the remote with you to somewhere? Make your own sound system in a way?

8:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home