re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

10.29.2006

Pastor Said,

"God knows your forwarding address."

I had to chuckle when he said that too considering that we don't know our forwarding address yet and we are supposed to be moving soon. :)

Pastor was talking about stewardship today. It was a good sermon. While he did not ONLY focus on $$$, that was a good bit of his sermon -- being obedient in our finances.

While I admit that I am far from perfect in that area, it is an area that I feel more secure in. I know I need to tithe and I do tithe. It's the first check I write whenever we get any money -- at least that's how it USUALLY goes.

Stewardship in other areas for me... well, I need some work.

Gifts: A hard one for me because I know my main spiritual gift is teaching. If I could do anything all day long, it would be teaching. It's hard to get into teaching though when you move around so much. Know what I mean?

Talents and Abilities: I know I have one or two, particulary with PRINTED graphic design and such. It appears as though there are an abundant number of people in our church who have these skills. That's a good thing for the church.

Time: OHHHHH, this is a biggie for me. I can waste time with the best of them. I am a procrastinator. I procrastinate studying or packing or doing laundry by cleaning eveyrthing else first. Seriously. The best way to procrastinate is to start another project. I need serious help in this area.

My Son: How am I to be a good steward with my son? He is, afterall, on loan to me. I try so hard. I want to protect him from so many things. That's one reason he has not received any vaccinations aside from the RSV vax. That was a hard decision to make.

I stay home with him because I think that's the best for him. I want to teach him everything I've learned. I am trying so hard in this area. Of all the areas, this is the area of stewardship that I take most seriously. It's the one that scares me the most too.

There are of course, other areas of stewardship, but these are the biggies for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home