re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

1.21.2008

Here We Go Again

I guess I should back up a bit so you will understand the "again" part of the title.

Ed was deployed to SC until Sept. of this past year. He was forecasting the weather for Iraq from the States. Works for me. No terrorists coming at him with guns and no hidden explosive devices, only crazy SC drivers.

At the end of his deployment he was hired by a regional airline with offices in Salt Lake City. They set up a training date for the October 1. Keep in mind that I was hugely pregnant, but not yet due until Oct. 16. His training was to be 8 weeks long. AND, remember, I had been battling pre-term labor since August.

So, here I was a big, fat ball of hormones who had been fighting to stay pregnant and now I suddenly wanted to have the baby so Ed was there to take care of our 2 year old while I was in the hospital. I was terrified of having the baby when Ed was gone and I really only knew a few people in our Sunday School class there in SC. I was pretty much petrified.

Of course, as life would have it, even though I had been fighting to stay pregnant, once I wanted to have the baby and was safe to have the baby (after 37 weeks) and after the docs stopped all interventions (36 weeks), the baby would not come. Imagine that. I thought that was stinkin' hilarious. NOT!

Well, God was gracious and allowed me to deliver Andrew before Ed left for training. There was one catch though... Ed had to leave the very next day for his training. Hilarious, I tell ya.

So here I was, a big fat, post partum mess going home with a newborn and a 2 year old with my husband out of town for 8 long weeks. Thank God for our Sunday School class in Sumter, they were awesome to us. And thank God that Andrew did not have all the complications that Eddie had when he came home from the hospital. Otherwise, I would not have survived.

Wait though, this whole thing gets better. After I manage to survive 5 weeks or so by myself with two kids under the age of 2 while also battling post partum hormones, the job didn't work out and Ed came home.

So, if God knew that job wasn't going to work out, why in the WORLD did I have to deal with 2 kids by myself immediately post partum? Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor?

Now, to the "again" part. Now that we've moved clear across the country to a rather "foreign" place, Ed's back in training for another airline and I am in Salt Lake. Alone. With two kids. We haven't found a church here (that's another post) and the only people I know are my father-in-law and his wife.

Hopefully by the end of March we'll be in Knoxville or Charlotte. For right now, I am still freezing my tushie off, but enjoying my boys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home