re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

5.11.2007

Why Blog About Submission?

This will be the first of a three or four part series on Biblical submission. I thought that before I even began really getting into the discussion, I'd share WHY I want to blog on the topic.

First, the topic is current for me. Our Sunday School class is doing a study on marriage and submission is one of the things we have discussed.

Second, there are a great deal of misconceptions about what submission is and what it isn't. Along those lines, there are right ways and wrong ways to be a submissive wife.

Third, I've been on both sides of the issue. It's not an easy task to WILLINGLY submit your will to someone else; especially when you are as independent and as strong-willed as I am. I think those of us who are submissive can stand to be reminded that what we are doing is the right thing and that those who are struggling with this issue can benefit from hearing our experiences and from learning what Scripture has to say on the issue of submission.

So, with that I bring you everyone's favorite topic: submission. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts and ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home