re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

6.16.2008

My Mom

If you've read more than two or three posts on this blog, then you are probably aware that my family is somewhat dysfunctional and that my relationship with my mom is strained.

I think the last thing I mentioned about my mom was that I did not know where she was. I did find her. She sent a Christmas card about a year and a half after "disappearing." We've been in contact semi-regularly since then.

Unfortunately, mom was diagnosed with colon cancer at the end of April. When the surgeon operated, he discovered that her cancer was at stage 4. It has metasticized to her liver and the back wall of her abdomen.

She is undergoing chemotherapy for purely palliative reasons at this point. In about three weeks, the doctors will be able to tell us if the chemo is working and what kind of time frame we are looking at.

Obviously, this is heartbreaking for me for so many reasons. I am concerned for my mom's spiritual condition. I am concerned for her health. I am concerned for my brothers.

So, if you think of it, please pray for my mom. Her name is Julie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spirit of Adoption said...

Oh wow. Devastating. I will pray for your mom. Please keep us updated!

9:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home