re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

9.25.2006

Fair & Balanced?

All my life I have tried to be as fair and balanced as possible. I don't want anything I don't deserve. I try to listen to the other side (even when I don't agree). I try to respond appropriately by keeping my emotions in check.

Sometimes I don't know exactly what is fair and balanced and what is the "right" response. That was really the point of my post two posts ago. What is the appropriate or "right" response when I am disappointed?

I think too often (and I am certainly speaking of myself here) we tend to put our emotions first without considering what is right and what is wrong. God gave us our emotions as a gift, but they are to be used to glorify Him. Unfortunately, because of our sinful nature, our emotions don't always line up with God's Will. What's worse is that we often tend to go with our emotions instead of God's Will because the emotions have such a strong pull.

I really could go on and on about this topic for hours. I'll spare you though and just recommend, The Religious Affections by Jonathan Edwards.

Just know that I really am trying to seek out the "right" response to things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home