re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

11.25.2006

Crafty, Me? Nah... Just Cheap.

Yesterday I actually ventured out -- at like 4 PM. I had to run to Hobby Lobby for a wax thermometer.

I'm cheap and I like to attempt to make cool presents. So this year I decided that the adult women will be getting candles. The men will be getting cookies and other homemade treats. The kids will, for the most part, be getting a variety of mostly non-homemade treats -- but only stuff that I got a REALLY good deal on.

Anyway... While I was wandering around Hobby Lobby I noticed these CUTE painted canvases. They were very girlie and had a script-y type initial painted on them. They were too high-priced for me though. I figured they can't be too hard to make so I marched myself back to the pinting area and picked up a pack of 3 canvases for $3 and some change. Then I noticed the canvases were 30% off. Perfect. I picked up some more paint (I already had gobs at home) and I was on my way.

I started working on the canvases last night. Today I went out and bought some ribbon to hang the canvases with and then I completed the first "initial" canvas for my neice Megan. I'm no artist, but I think this turned out decent. It's not anything super amazing or anything like that, but it's cute. AND, the ones in the store didn't have the pretty ribbon. So... I say this works for me. The girls under 10 in my family will be getting these.

2 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

What a great idea! The girls should love them!

2:02 AM

 
Blogger Josh Virkler said...

These are adorable! Great job :)

12:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home