re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

11.12.2006

Remember The OJ Simpson Chase?

Friday Ed asked me and Eddie to come to SC to visit him. Of course, I was happy to do so, especially considering that Eddie had done so well on my last trip to Charlotte.

I quickly learned though that the trip to Charlotte was a fluke. Eddie was madder than a firecracker and twice as hot. Boy, he did NOT want to be in that carseat and he was gonna make sure all of I-85 knew it.

Finally, the boy fell asleep. Praise God. I am sure I would have crashed had I had to drive through Charlotte listening to him scream.

After he fell asleep, my mind wandered. I thought to myself, "Ya know, if for some reason a cop decides he wants to pull me over, I'm not sure I will stop." This thought immediately brought back visions of OJ's famous Ford Bronco Chase. At that point I would have MUCH rather dealt with 178 police cars chasing me down the interstate than to risk waking Eddie up.

Right about the time I had that thought I heard something. Police sirens. I looked and the police car was flying up behind me with his lights just a flashin'. I had three thoughts.

1. I didn't do anything.
2. Get over in the next lane.
3. If this cop wakes up my boy, he's gonna have ME to deal with and that won't be pretty.

Eddie stayed asleep for a few minutes longer. Longer for me to make my way down I-77 and into Rock Hill, SC. I only almost got in an accident once. That's hard to believe considering that Charlotte has about the worst traffic i have EVER seen in my life and that they apparently have NO requirements for getting a driver's license in SC.

I'm not sure I will like driving in SC. I think when you get your tags there they install a lead brick on your gas pedal and they break your turn signals.

At any rate, we made it down there and back safely. Eddie enjoyed his time with daddy and I got a bunch of really cool used books for just a few bucks. What more could a girl ask for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home