re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

11.05.2006

Healing

Today at church we prayed for a man who has cancer. We prayed for him to be healed. I absolutely believe that is within God's ability. Whether or not it's in His will for this man to be healed on Earth or in Heaven is a completely different story.

While we were praying I could not help but think of a woman who was sitting with her son across the aisle from me. I imagine that she and her children cried out to God many times for her husband to be healed from cancer. I cannot even begin to imagine how they felt when he was ultimately healed. Her husband passed away this past spring. Surely, it was a bit emotional for her to watch the church pray over someone else who has cancer.

This woman though is an absolute inspiration to me. I've seen others lose a spouse to cancer well after their children were grown and these other people sort of fell apart. They became angry and distant. Not this woman though. She has remained strong and steady. I'm sure that's mostly for her childrens' sake. But she's been a living testimony of God's grace to me and to many others in the church.

She's left raising two daughters and a son alone. She doesn't complain or anything like that. She's more or less accepted what has been given to her and with that, she's accepted the grace to bear this burden. Surely that's got to be an amazing salve for a hurting soul.

I think I could take a few lessons from her in accepting what I've been dealt.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bev---she and I have become really close (Cam babysits for us)...and she is an AMAZING woman to say the least.

I can't imagine.

2:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home