re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

11.05.2006

My Little Genius

Okay, I really can't say for sure that Eddie is a genius, but as an *ahem* objective observer, it is my professional opinion that his IQ does indeed place him in the genius category. AND, my dad's wife told me last night that Eddie is a genius. So it's NOT just me who thinks this.

He is 13 months adjusted (15 months actual age) and already he is just blowing my mind. He knows where his head and nose are. Simply amazing. It absolutely does not matter to me *at all* that when I ask where his nose is he sticks his finger IN his nose. :)

Now, I have no earthly clue when children are supposed to begin to identify body parts and quite frankly I don't really care. I just know my boy is special because he can identify some of his.

Actually, nearly everything he does (even pooping in the tub) makes me just feel like I'm gonna pop with pride.

I've been proud of stuff in the past, like the PICA award I won for a book design I did and completing my master's degree. But, I've never felt as much pride as I do when I watch Eddie. Everything he does amazes me.

I have to laugh because the NICU nurses "prepped" me by telling me white males were wimpy and because everything I've read says that preemies have this problem and that problem and that they are prone to learning disabilities and ADD andmotor delays and blah blah blah. I bought all that stuff too. That's not to say that statistically those things are not true, but I don't think statistics can stop God from making a preemie into a genius, or even into a normal little boy.

At any rate, my boy never ceases to amaze me. He is handsome, and sweet (he likes to give mommy kisses) and kind and loveable and smart. He got all those things from his dad cause goodness knows that is certainly not an accurate description of me.

My question though; is it still a sin if I am proud of someone else? I don't know. I won't say I don't care because that would be, well, sacrilegious or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home