re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

1.23.2007

Thoughts of A Crazy Mom

I am home alone a lot. Actually, I am not usually alone, but I can't carry on much of a conversation with my 17-month old son. Don't get me wrong, he's great. It's just that repeating "doggie" 578,934 times in a row because he points to the dog kinda gets a little old. Know what I mean?

Anywho... I always have random or not-so-random trains of thought running 20 miles an hour through my brain. Ocassionally, one of these trains of thought will be something that I want to blog about. Of course, by the time I am able to actually sit down at the computer and work on a blog post, I've forgotten everything I wanted to write.

So, for right now, I'll just share some of my random thoguhts from today. Perhaps tomorrow this list will serve as a spring board for my post then.

1. Really, Christians shouldn't fight amongst each other. It makes us all look bad. Sure, discuss theological differences and differences among worship and outreach style. Just be nice about it. There is no need to be mean and call names. And, that's not really Christ-like, now is it?

2. I am a tee-totaller, but not really for religious reasons. I have many family members who have given their lives over to alcohol and whose lives have been destroyed as a result. I don't believe I would "catch" the alcoholism if I took a drank (if that were the case, I'd already be an alcoholic), I just do not want to be a stumbling block to those iin my family who have already fallen and who are trying to pick themselves back up. Besides, I am not good when I've had a bit to drink.

3. I have a play-date tomorrow morning. I am excited. Eddie and I have not ever been able to attend a play-date. Should be fun.

4. Kind of a spin-off from #3. So far, it's been my observation that people in military towns are far more accepting of people who are "not from 'round here." When Ed was at an Air Force Base in Mississippi for 6 months, the church we attended was AMAZING. I'll never forget the time I drove down to see Ed and one of the girls from the Sunday School class called to make sure I made it in alright and to invite me to a lunch the next day. Here in Sumter, the attitude seems to be very similar. They love on the people as much as they can while they are here and that's that.

5. I do miss my church back home. Especially a select few people. One of my dearest friends is Charlene. Charlene LOVES butterflies. Why? Because of the metamorphosis that they go through before they become such beautiful creatures. I've been thinking about the transformations and reformations that I've had. Nope... not a beautiful creature yet. One day though, one day.

6. I need to set aside a block of time to finish redecorating this blog. I am unhappy with the appearance and I need to fix it. Fast.

So those are my crazy random thoughts from today. Well, the ones that I actually remember. Maybe later I will be able to write more on those things.

2 Comments:

Blogger TheNormalMiddle said...

Awwwh we miss you too. And I'm sure Charlene really misses you!

11:59 AM

 
Blogger Michele said...

I hear you on #1, I think about that one a lot. Especailly in debates on Ovusoft.

11:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home