re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

2.02.2007

Being a Mom is Hard Work

Seriously. Someone should write a book telling us all the answers.

Oh wait, about 124,557,672,342 books are already out on the subject and they all say something different. Wonderful. Just wonderful.

And asking friends for advice is crazy too because nobody parents the way you do. We all have our own little ideals and things we want to emphasize, so no two parents will look completely alike. I suspect that's a good thing.

My fear though is that we are essentially left to the wolves. We do our best and hope for hte best, but beyond that, there's not much we can do.

Scary, huh?

What's even worse for me is that I really struggle with caring too much about how others perceive me. I know that some people would probably say I am a horrible mom for letting Eddie sleep with me. Then others would say I am horrible for not letting him sleep with me. So I guess I'm wrong no matter what I do.

That's NOT a good place for me to be.

I promise, I am doing my best. I may not always be right, but I suppose in the end it will still work out okay (I hope).

On that note, I am going to go read some more about the reserved, intense, sensitive child and how I can survive having a son who is JUST LIKE ME. Heaven help me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bev-

I think you are an awesome mom! Better than any book you could ever read, I know you rely on God and allow him to direct you and that is what is most important. Any child would be blessed to have you as their mother.

Hope to see you soon!!!!!!

Lacey

4:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home