re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

4.02.2007

An Update & A Promise

Okay... Sorry I've been slack about posting here. Things have been a little wacky lately. I do promise to do better in the near future.

With that, let me update you on how things are going.

Physically: Ehhh, up and down. The blood pressure is still elevated, but it's much better than it was. So, that's a blessing. The pregnancy sickness (I refuse to call it morning sickness) hits me the worst in the afternoons and evenings. Nothing too horrible, just that general I'm-gonna-hurl feeling. So, I am surviving that.

The worst thing I am dealing with though is a combination of headaches and ummm... gastrointesinal distress. Not fun and it seems to hit me every 2-3 days.

I've lost weight. My size 2 jeans are still fitting perfectly and I am nearly 13 weeks pregnant. I know the weight will come, I just want the little bean to be healthy and strong. Know what I mean?

Spiritually: I won't lie. I struggled with some anxiety at teh beginning of this pregnancy. Periodically, that anxiety creeps back up on me. I think that's due in part to Eddie's premature delivery and in part to the blood pressure issue. I've never had any health problems, so the blood pressure thing threw me for a wonky loop.

However, I know that those worries were/are the result of my lack of faith and that I was wrongly looking at circumstances instead of at Christ. As long as I keep God's promises in mind and as long as I don't read too much information about what *could* happen, then I am fine. I have to constantly remind myself that GOD is in control, not some doctor and not some crazy blood pressure problems. God has knit together this life that I carry. HE is the author and finisher of life and of my faith.

So, with that, I am doing alright overall. Trying to stay healthy and hangin' in there.

3 Comments:

Blogger TheNormalMiddle said...

I've been thinking of you...13 weeks already, wow!!! :) Keep hanging in there. I will be praying for you all :)

12:18 PM

 
Blogger Debbie said...

I'm glad to hear your pressure is down. As far as the sickness, I have always heard that is a good thing. It's suppose to be a *sign* of a healthy pregnancy.

I think anyone that has had previous pregnancy complications can't help but worry. I know I did! But God has been faithful. You're right about God being in control.

Do you know how many would love to be 13 weeks AND a size 2? *smile*
A size 2?????

Take care of yourself and update only when you can.

9:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bev-

I have missed you, and I hope you are doing well. The first few months of pregnancy are so hard, I hope you are feeling better soon.

Lacey

7:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home