re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

6.21.2006

Whew, What a Day!!!

Man, am I ever beat?

I was a good little housewife/mom today. I did all the laundry (I even got it put away). I vacuumed, emptied all the trash cans, made fresh bread (in the machine), went to the farmer's market, did dishes, made lunch for myself and for Eddie, took my son swimming, played with him and nursed him throughout the day, and cooked good dinner.

That may not sound like a lot to some of you old pros out there, but that's a lot to me. Before Eddie was here I could do twelve times that amount of work in a day. Now that little bit just wears me out. I think that's because I am half paying attention to Eddie.

Nowadays, even looking decent is sometimes a chore. I have NEVER EVER been one for ironing, so some days my clothes probably look a little wrinkly. Then there's the chore of making my hair not stick up and my face that looks like a pizza.

Today was different though. I managed to look decent (thanks to the $3.75 shirt and the hand-me-down pants I wore). I feel like I am starting to get back to my old self and I like that.

When Ed and I were first married, I primped and all that. I spent time on maintaining the house. I did fun stuff. I was really living.

I know this probably sounds dumb, but when we left NC to go to FL, some part of me went into hibernation or something. I was miserable there and I've been struggling since we got back to NC.

I'll just say it's nice to be back and leave it at that.

1 Comments:

Blogger TheNormalMiddle said...

Yay for fresh bread! You accomplished a great deal, you should be proud of that! :) I've been somewhat of a slacker lately. This heat is killer.

6:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home