re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

8.05.2006

52 Of My Closest Relatives

Family reunion was today. It's for my grandma's side of the family - the VunCanons. And yes, the spelling on that last name varies even amongst brothers and sisters.

I'm related to VunCanons, VonCanons, VunCannons, VonCannons, VaughnCanons, FinCanons, FunCanons, etc... Kind of funny. Actually, there is a book of this part of my family's geneology on the reference floor of the local library. This part of myfamily settled here in NC back in the late 1600's. Pretty cool, huh?

Anyway... back to today.

I only knew about half of the people who were there, but everyone knows me. HA! Seems they all remember me from when I wsa knee-high to a grasshopper and had no hair. My dad's cousin was telling me today that she used to be worried about me not ever gaining any weight when I was really young. How funny is that??!!

When I was about 3 or 4 yrs. old we lived on my great uncle Thurmond's property. My dad worked for him and my Aunt Rachel (Thurmond's wife) helped my mom with us three kids. They have always been near and dear to my heart. I don't get to see them often though.

Thurmond runs pony rides at one of the local flea markets and Rachel has alzheimer's now. Thurmond did make it to the reunion today though. Eddie loved the horses. :) Uncle Thurmond invited me and Eddie to come stay with him and Rachel sometime. I might have to take him up on that.

Of course, Grandma rolled her eyes when I was nursing Eddie *discreetly* in the group photo. lol! My uncle Dwight just laughed.

All in all, it was a good day. Good food and fun times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home