re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

9.26.2006

Reading Doesn't Always Make You Smarter

Yeah, I've been at it again. I cna't help but read and attempt to gain all the possible information out there on the risks of pre-term labor and such.

Lately, becuase Ed really wants another bambino (i do too, but I'm more apprehensive), the whole baby thing has been on my mind. They say you should wait at least 18 months after delivery to get pregnant again. How would I handle another kid WITH Eddie? WHOA!!!!

Then there's the whole risk of pre-term delivery again. That's enough to send me into cardiac arrest. So, I read in hopes of finding information that will put my mind at ease. What did I learn today?

The shots that I will most likely have to be on are not usually covered by insurance. You can't get them at a regular pharmacy -- you have to go to a special pharmacy where they compound the stuff right there. And there are side effects to the weekly shot. These range from fatigue to mood swings (the shot is a hormone). Ummm... as if a pregnant lady who is at risk for pre-term delivery isn't already moody enough? There's also a risk of allergic reaction -- so severe that you get an epi-pen with the shots.

Oh my... I dunno about all this.

I know, I know... stop reading and trust. I'm trying. I promise. I dunno what it is in me that just HAS to know.

And then I have to admit that I am worrying about something that may not even happen.

In short, I need a chill pill, not a 17P shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home