re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

2.08.2007

Day 4: He's Smart!

Some people get that look that says "uck!" when I tell them Ed was an auto technician. Almost as if they thought he was below them or below me. And, admittedly, before I met Ed, I may have thought similarly about auto techs. That was only my snobbery and ignorance shining through.

As I got to know Ed, I discovered that he's a brain. Seriously. He has an associate's degree in auto tech, several pilot ratings and the equivalent of an associates degree in meteorology. i have a master's degree -- shouldn't that trump and associate's degree? Well, let me tell you, it doesn't.

I may be able to diagram a sentence and complete suduko puzzles like it's nobody's business, but Ed understands stuff that's actually important -- like physics and mechanics -- things that make our world work. Stuff that has literally brought me to tears before. I mean I can't even begin to understand the basics of the simplest of machines. Ed can fix anything. He can build anything.

He's also rather bright in history and politics. I'm guessing that Ed will be the one teaching Eddie any science and history courses. I'll do the easy stuff, like literature and art and music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home