re·form: (r-fôrm) v. re·formed, re·form·ing, re·forms v. tr. 1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition. 2. To cause (a person) to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better way of life.
ma·ma or mam·ma also mom·ma: n. (also m-mä) Informal. Mother.

10.11.2008

Need a Safe Place to Rant About Politics.

Before I begin, let me be very clear that I am not at all thrilled with EITHER of the candidates running for president right now.

McCain isn't my top pick, but he will likely get my vote because Obama is utterly terrifying to me. My fear of a President Obama has nothing to do with his race or middle name. It has nothing to do with his religious preference or even his religious associations, although I will say that Rev. Wright is disturbing to me.

I fear Obama because of his stance on the issues.

He welcomes abortion. He said he would want abortion to be available to his daughters should they find themselves pregnant as teenagers. How appalling. Why is it okay or even welcome to kill the unborn? We are NOT God. It is not our place to determine when life should end.

Taxes... He wants to tax corporations and rich people so that he can redistribute their wealth as he sees fit. Of course, this would be done via government-run programs and we all know how efficient the government is at managing money. We all do still remember the bailout, right?

With the income that we make, we would not be directly affected by Obama's tax hike, but this hike would affect us in other ways, such as limiting employment opportunities.

Obama is not in favor of school choice. As a future homeschooling mom, this concerns me greatly. I do not want my children or grandchildren to be programmed by some shoddy public education system.

Oil... Obama only said that he'd be in favor of drilling after others mentioned the possibility of drilling while also exploring other resources for energy. I don't believe him. We'll be stuck trying to be "green" with no oil for our cars, no way to transport food across the nation, no oil to run anything.

I could go on, but in short, there is not one single issue where Obama and I line up.

More than that though, I am concerned about the way Obama fans adore him and praise him, almost as if he is their savior. Children sing songs about Obama. Everyone seems to think that Obama will change the world. Obama will fix everything. There will be no more pain or hunger or war or death. Obama has become a messiah of sorts.

That's enough to make the hair on my neck stand up. When I consider the praise for Obama and my religious beliefs regarding the End Times, I can't help but shudder. Now, I do NOT think Obama is the anti-christ or anything like that, but I can clearly see him paving the way for the Anti-Christ.

Don't misunderstand me, I know that means that I am that much closer to seeing my Savior face-to-face, but I know that also means that my family and friends are that much closer to being eternally separated from Christ.

So yeah, I'm not an Obama fan. I literally cringe at the thought of him being our President.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charla said...

very well-written!! You said exactly what I believe too.
I'm praying so intensely for tomorrow's elections!

5:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home